Global nuclear reactor decommissioning market
Dublin, Oct. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global Nuclear Power Reactor Decommissioning Market Report 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global nuclear reactor decommissioning market is expected to grow from $4.90 billion in 2021 to $5.62 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.8%. The nuclear reactor decommissioning market is expected to reach $8.79 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 11.8%.
The main types of nuclear power reactor dismantling are pressurized water reactors, pressurized heavy water reactors, boiling water reactors, gas-cooled high-temperature reactors, liquid metal fast breeder reactors, etc. Dismantling nuclear reactors under pressure refers to a type of nuclear reactor that generates power while propelling nuclear submarines and warships. The different capacities include less than 100 MW, 100-1000 MW and more than 1000 MW and are used in several applications such as commercial power reactors, prototype power reactors and research reactors.
Europe was the largest region in the nuclear reactor decommissioning market in 2021. North America is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. Regions covered in the Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning market report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
Rising sensitivity to environmental issues is expected to propel the growth of the nuclear reactor decommissioning market in the future. Environmental sensitivity refers to the growing awareness of environmental issues. Nuclear power plants (NPC) are used to generate carbon-free electricity due to their superior reliability, huge clean air compliance value, and large power generation capacity.
Decommissioning is the process of removing nuclear fuel from a nuclear power plant and assisting in the termination of operating licenses. For example, according to the Government of Canada, as of October 2021, the Canadian government is working to develop resources and improve the quality of the environment, with the goal of reducing carbon emissions by 30% by 2030 and achieve net zero emissions by 2050. Additionally, in May 2021, the UK announced funding of £166.5 million ($206.61 million) to support the development of green technologies that would reduce carbon emissions. Hence, the growing sensitivity to environmental issues is driving the growth of the nuclear power reactor decommissioning market.
The implementation of information and technology is the key trend gaining popularity in the nuclear reactor decommissioning market. Major companies operating in the nuclear reactor decommissioning sector focus on using information and technology to strengthen their position. For example, in February 2020, the VTT Technical Research Center, a research and technology company based in Finland, launched the dECOmm project, which helps decommission nuclear power plants. This project uses information technology in decommissioning to make the process easier and faster. The dECOmm project is an environmentally friendly project that emits less carbon during the dismantling of nuclear power plants.
1) By type of reactor: pressurized water reactor; Pressurized heavy water reactor; boiling water reactor; High temperature gas cooled reactor; liquid metal fast breeder reactor; Other types of reactors
2) By capacity: less than 100 MW; 100-1000MW; Above 1000 MW
3) By application: Commercial power reactor; power reactor prototype; research reactor
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of the nuclear reactor decommissioning market
3. Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on the decommissioning of nuclear reactors
5. Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market Size and Growth
6. Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
8. Asia-Pacific Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
9. Chinese nuclear reactor decommissioning market
10. India Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
11. Japan Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
12. Australia Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
13. Indonesian nuclear reactor decommissioning market
14. South Korea Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
15. Western Europe Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
16. UK nuclear reactor decommissioning market
17. Germany Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
18. French nuclear reactor dismantling market
19. Eastern Europe Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
20. Russia nuclear reactor decommissioning market
21. North America Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
22. United States Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
23. South America Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
24. Brazil Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
25. Middle East Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
26. Africa Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market
27. Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
28. Major mergers and acquisitions in the nuclear reactor decommissioning market
29. Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
- Babcock International Group PLC
- GE Hitachi Nuclear Services
- Fluor Corporation
- Westinghouse Electric Company
- NorthStar Group Services Inc.
- Studsvik AB
- Bechtel Group Inc.
- James Fisher and Son PLC
- Orano Group
- WS Atkins PLC
- Enercon Services Inc.
- Areva S.A.
- SNC LAVALIN
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fi8mdk